Primary human need gaming
Primary human need gaming is when a game addict satisfies the human need that is most important for the game addict.
Human need gaming is the core of game addiction. What defines a game addict is when he or she is participating in several activities in the game that satisfies more than one of the human needs This is the core reason why a game addict plays the game. Its connected to the 6 human needs.
Primary human need gaming is the category in the 6 human needs that are most important for the game addict.
1. Certainty: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure. Every game addict is in this category. Gaming is definitely a way to avoid pain and gain pleasure.
2. Uncertainty/Variety: The need for the unknown, change, new stimuli. These are gamers that like to explore things in the game. They usually find out all the stuff there is to know about the game and in-game story (lore) They need to know all the items, all the territory, all the cities. In real life, this can be compared to travelers.
3. Significance: feeling unique, important, special or needed. These gamers have a strong need to feel important, special or needed. In a game that's achieved having or doing something that can impress others. This can be an in-game skill like being very good at something in a game. It can also be achievement wise, the player has some in-game achievements that are hard to get or/and takes a lot of time. This can also be a collection of rare items that the gamer can only get through in-game skills. Compare this to real life is people that are doing stuff to show off to others.
4. Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something. These gamers have a strong need to be connected to a society or guild or membership club or other kinds of gathering where they can feel they can belong and be a part of the group and do gaming things where group activity is involved like attacking a big boss in a dungeon or doing group player versus player. Compare this to real life is people that join different clubs and organizations.
5. Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding These gamers have a strong need for growth and learning new things.
know as much as possible about the game. They just want to expand the knowledge about whatever they happened to be interested in within the game. It can be, study tactics, weapons, amour, classes. Compare this to real life is people that just study different topics and subject just for the knowledge sake.
6. Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others These gamers have a strong need to help and serve others. These are gamers that like to gather information about the game and help newcomers. They learn to stuff about the game so they can help others. These are also people that learn a particular skill in the game and through that skill help other gamers. Compare this to real life people that join charity organizations.
Copyright © 2017 Treat-Game-Addiction Inc. All rights reserved